We’re here to help
The situation around COVID-19 Coronavirus continues to evolve and will impact our customers. During this time, we are making a few changes to help out:
- We are suspending shutting off power to our customers for non-payment.
- We are waiving late fees.
- We are setting up a Customer Support Fund for those who need assistance paying their bill. The fund will be available through our advisors by calling us at (602) 371-7171 (Phoenix) or (800) 253-9405 (other areas), weekdays from 7 am to 7 pm. We do expect call volumes could be high and will do our best to get to calls in a timely manner.
Customers who are past due on their APS bill can qualify for the fund if they have unexpected loss of income, higher medical or childcare expenses, or other financial hardship created by the COVID-19 virus.
We know many of you are working from home or home with kids at this time. Here are a few tips that can help you save money.
Remember, if you’re on one of our Saver Choice time-of-use plans the lower-cost off-peak rates start at 8 p.m. and go all the way through 3 p.m. the next day. Try these tips to save:
- Do laundry, run the pool pump or use the dishwasher after 8 p.m. or before 3 p.m.
- If you are scheduling time for your kids to be off electronics, do that between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- If you are on one of our time-of-use plans with a demand rate, try staggering the use of appliances between 3 p.m and 8 p.m. For example, wait until after the oven is off to run the dishwasher.
And no matter what plan you are on, save with these tips:
- Turn off lights and fans when you leave a room
- Turn off computers and printers when you’re done using them
If you would like to switch to another plan, there are options available. You can change at any time.