Eligible customers may receive help in three ways:
- Help to pay current and past due energy bills
- Help with utility deposits
- Help with energy efficiency measure to reduce future energy costs
To apply for the LIHEAP program, contact your local Community Action Program, or access the Navajo Nation application portal. An appointment is needed to obtain utility assistance services.
What you need to apply for LIHEAP:
- State Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, permanent legal residence (LPR), or other qualifying immigration status such as refugee or current temporary protected status (TPS)
- Proof of permanent residence, such as a lease, deed or property tax bill
- Social Security cards or numbers, birth certificates or school records for all household members including children
- Income verification of all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days (paystubs, social security, award notices, unemployment Insurance, pension funds or disability, etc.)
- Copies of all current utility bills.
- Utility Termination Notice (if you have received a shut-off notice or delinquent notice from your energy company)
- Statement showing utility allowance if you are living in subsidized housing, such as Section 8.