If you find yourself in a financial crisis and need temporary energy bill assistance, you can receive up to $500 through our partnership with The Salvation Army’s Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy (SHARE) program. Or, if you’d like to help someone in need, you can donate to Project SHARE.
See if You Qualify Today
Donate to Project SHARE
Project SHARE Program Guidelines
- There is no age or income criteria for this program.
- You must provide proof of unexpected decrease in income or higher bills.
- You can receive up to $500.00 in a 12-month period.
- You can also reapply for assistance every other year.
- Funds received through Project SHARE can be used to cover utility fees under $70, except for same-day order fees, transfers from a write-off account and deposit fees.
- Verification of Payment Arrangements and/or deferred payment amounts is required.
About the Program
Created by the community, for the community, Project SHARE was launched in 1982 as a way for the employees, shareholders and customers of APS and other local utility companies to support people struggling to pay their energy bills. Donations go directly to families in crisis and are distributed by the Salvation Army. Your contributions may be tax-deductible. The Project SHARE Taxpayer Identification Number is 94-1156347. Please consult with your tax advisor to determine the extent of the potential deduction.