Click the Español link on any page to view the page in Spanish.Please note: not all pages are available in Spanish at this time.
If you find yourself in a financial crisis and need temporary energy bill assistance, you can receive up to $300 through our partnership with The Salvation Army’s Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy (SHARE) program. Or, if you’d like to help someone in need, you can donate to Project SHARE.
See If You Qualify Today
If you're struggling to pay your energy bill due to a sudden loss of income or unplanned major expense, you may qualify for up to $300 in assistance through Project SHARE. Contact your local Salvation Army office to apply.
Project SHARE Program Guidelines
- There is no age or income criteria for this program.
- You must provide proof of unexpected decrease in income or higher bills.
- You can receive up to $300.00 in a 12-month period.
- You can also reapply for assistance every other year.
- Funds received through Project SHARE can be used to cover utility fees under $70, except for same-day order fees, transfers from a write-off account and deposit fees.
- Verification of Payment Arrangements and/or deferred payment amounts is required.
Donate to Project SHARE
The U.S. Census Bureau reports more than 40% of Arizonans struggle to pay their energy bills. When you donate to Project SHARE, you help local families in crisis keep their power on. Simply choose the amount you’d like to contribute, and we’ll add the donation to your monthly bill.
About the Program
Created by the community, for the community, Project SHARE was launched in 1982 as a way for the employees, shareholders and customers of APS and other local utility companies to support people struggling to pay their energy bills. Donations go directly to families in crisis and are distributed by the Salvation Army. Your contributions may be tax-deductible. The Project SHARE Taxpayer Identification Number is 94-1156347. Please consult with your tax advisor to determine the extent of the potential deduction.
More Ways to Give Back or Find Support
Bill Assistance Programs
We, along with our local agency partners, offer a wide range of bill assistance programs and resources for every level of need, helping qualified customers find the right short- or long-term financial solutions to stay on top of their bills.