If you need a friendly reminder when your energy bill is due, the Safety Net program allows you to designate a friend or relative to be your backup in case you forget or can’t access your bill on time. Your Safety Net partner will receive a copy of your monthly energy bill, so they can let you know when your payment is due and receive notifications if your payment is past-due. They can also create a Payment Arrangement on your behalf to give you more time to pay down your balance. Safety Net partners aren't financially responsible for the account, but they will be there to help keep you on track.
How it Works
- Designate a relative or friend as your Safety Net partner.
- Your partner will receive a copy of your monthly energy bill and will be notified via email if your account is past due. Additionally, they can call (602) 371-7171 or (800) 253-9405 to consent to receive automated phone call notifications.
- Your partner can also call us at (602) 371-7171 or (800) 253-9405 to set up a Payment Arrangement for your account to help you catch up on past-due balances.
How to Apply
- Online: Complete the application online.
- Mail in: Download, print and complete the application, then mail it to APS at PO Box 53933 Phoenix, AZ, 85072-9207
- Phone: Call us at (602) 371-7171 (800) 253-9405 to apply by phone.