Should you stay on this plan?
If the plan has been working for you, you may want to stay on it. Or, visit aps.com/plans if you want to view other plan options. Please note that the Saver Choice Plus plan is a frozen plan, so once you leave it for another plan you cannot return to it. .
Here’s how the Saver Choice Plus plan works:
On this plan, your monthly energy charge is based on the time of day and/or day of the week when you use energy, plus a monthly demand charge for your highest hour of usage during on-peak hours, 3pm–8pm weekdays.
- This plan has different on-peak rates for summer months (May–Oct bills) and winter months (Nov–Apr bills).
- This plan also has lower off-peak energy rates on weekends and holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If these holidays fall on a Saturday, the preceding Friday will be off-peak. If they fall on a Sunday, the following Monday will be off-peak. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are off-peak holidays as well but only when they fall on a weekday. (Weekends are always off-peak.)
- This plan also has a monthly demand charge for the highest hour of usage during on-peak hours, 3pm-8pm weekdays.
- A demand limiter feature automatically lowers the amount you are charged for demand when a rare, unusual spike in your use occurs during on-peak hours, 3pm-8pm weekdays.
Ways you could save money on this plan:
You can save money on this plan by shifting more of your energy use to lower-cost off-peak hours and staggering the use of major appliances like the washer & dryer, dishwasher and oven during higher-cost on-peak hours, between 3pm–8pm weekdays. Avoid using some major appliances during higher-cost on-peak hours and if you do use some of these appliances during on-peak hours, try not to run them at the same time.
- Do your laundry after 8pm weekdays or on weekends.
- Use the delay setting on your dishwasher to run after 8pm weekdays.
- Pre-cool or pre-heat your home during lower-cost off-peak hours before 3pm, weekdays.
For additional cost-saving tips and tools, visit aps.com/save.
Review your plan options
A quick side-by-side comparison will help you find the one that’s best for you.