Why is this plan right for me:
Customers who select this plan can manage their costs by shifting energy use to lower-cost off-peak hours and staggering usage during higher-cost on-peak hours, between 4pm–7pm weekdays. This plan could be a good fit if:
You use a lot of energy and can benefit from a lower energy rate, or
You have an average to larger sized home, or
You are willing to adjust when you use energy and manage energy demand during on-peak hours
Ways you could save money on this plan:
You can save money on this plan by shifting more of your energy use to lower-cost off-peak hours and staggering the use of major appliances like the washer & dryer, dishwasher and oven during higher-cost on-peak hours, between 4pm–7pm weekdays. Avoid using some major appliances during higher-cost on-peak hours and if you do use some of these appliances during on-peak hours, try not to run them at the same time.
Use the delay setting on your dishwasher to run after 7pm weekdays.
Do your laundry after 7pm weekdays or on weekends.
Pre-cool or pre-heat your home during lower-cost off-peak hours before 4pm, weekdays.
Here’s how this plan works:
On this plan, your monthly energy charge is based on the time of day and/or day of the week when you use energy, plus a monthly demand charge for your highest hour of usage during on-peak hours, 4pm–7pm weekdays. This plan has the lowest rates during all other off-peak hours.
- This plan has different on-peak rates for summer months (May–Oct bills) and winter months (Nov–Apr bills).
- Super off-peak hours provide the lowest off-peak energy rates during winter months (Nov–Apr bills), 10am–3pm weekdays (excluding off-peak holidays).
- This plan also has lower off-peak energy rates on weekends and holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the Friday before will be off-peak. If it falls on a Sunday, the Monday after will be off-peak. In years when Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve fall on a weekday, they will also be off-peak holidays. (Weekends are always off-peak.)
- Try the Energy Estimator to calculate your estimated energy usage or demand for the month and find ways to save. You can also review the approximate demand for a variety of home appliances.
- A demand limiter feature automatically lowers the amount you are charged for demand when a rare, unusual spike in your use occurs during on-peak hours, 4pm-7pm weekdays. The demand limiter can be applied to your account one time in the summer months from May to October and you have up to three demand limiters in a calendar year.
Review your plan options
A quick side-by-side comparison will help you find the one that’s best for you.