Internships and college programs at APS
As a recent grad or intern, your future is bright at APS
In addition to internships and rotational programs, you'll find a variety of exceptional entry-level opportunities. Available disciplines include corporate resources, information technology, engineering and more.
About the internship program
- Program runs over the summer break
- Ten-weeks, full-time, competitive pay
- 50+ hours of professional development, site tours and volunteer opportunities
- 40+ interns each summer
- Real-world, project-based assignments
- Assigned mentors and access to executives
- Interns located at CHQ, Deer Valley and Arizona and New Mexico power plants
- Housing provided in some instances
Palo Verde / West-MEC Pre-Apprentice Program
The program is aimed at further strengthening the Palo Verde, West-MEC partnership by providing a direct pathway exclusively for graduates of their Energy and Industrial Technology Program into the Palo Verde Apprenticeship Program.
Palo Verde Maintenance Internship
12-month program which combines on the job learning and formal technical training.
- On-the-job learning: Paid work experience at Palo Verde Generating Station (40 hours per week).
- Formal technical training: Successful completion of the seven (7) Apprenticeship pre-requisite courses at Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC). The tuition and books for the required college courses are paid for by APS.
- Rotations: Interns will rotate through various maintenance shops to determine areas of interest
Areas of focus
- accounting, economics, finance
- broadcast, communications, journalism, production
- business data analytics
- computer engineering/security/information systems & technology
- construction management
- engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical)
- human resources/management
- juris doctor
- supply chain