Internships and College Programs at APS
As a Recent Grad or Intern, Your Future is Bright at APS
In addition to internships and rotational programs, you'll find a variety of exceptional entry-level opportunities. Available disciplines include corporate resources, information technology, engineering and more.
About the College Program Intern Experience
- Program runs over the summer break
- Ten-weeks, full-time, competitive pay
- 50+ hours of professional development, site tours and volunteer opportunities
- 40+ interns each summer
- Real-world, project-based assignments
- Assigned mentors and access to executives
- Interns located at CHQ, Deer Valley and Arizona and New Mexico power plants
- Housing provided in some instances
Palo Verde / West-MEC Pre-Apprentice Program
The program is aimed at further strengthening the Palo Verde, West-MEC partnership by providing a direct pathway exclusively for graduates of their Energy and Industrial Technology Program into the Palo Verde Apprenticeship Program.
Palo Verde Maintenance Internship
12-month program which combines on the job learning and formal technical training.
- On-the-job learning: Paid work experience at Palo Verde Generating Station (40 hours per week).
- Formal technical training: Successful completion of the seven (7) Apprenticeship pre-requisite courses at Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC). The tuition and books for the required college courses are paid for by APS.
- Rotations: Interns will rotate through various maintenance shops to determine areas of interest
Areas of Focus
- accounting, economics, finance
- broadcast, communications, journalism, production
- business data analytics
- computer engineering/security/information systems & technology
- construction management
- engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical)
- human resources/management
- juris doctor
- supply chain
Find the Right Fit
If you love the idea of improving lives through meaningful work but aren’t quite sure which position would best suit your skills, we’re here to help you find the perfect match. Discover positions that best align with your interests and experience.