About the internship program
• Program runs the second week of May through the first week of August
• Twelve-weeks, full-time, competitive pay
• 50+ hours of professional development, site tours and volunteer opportunities
• 40+ interns each summer
• Real-world, project-based assignments
• Assigned mentors and access to executives
• Interns located at CHQ, Deer Valley and Arizona and New Mexico power plants
• Housing provided in some instances
Areas of focus
We target students with the following majors for our summer internship program: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Journalism, Communications, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Supply Chain, Information System, Business Analytics, and more.
Testimonials from our previous interns
Accounting Major - "Interning at APS, I’ve come to learn more about the utility industry, the individuals who ensure our safe, reliable power, and the kind of professional I want to be."
Electrical Engineering Major - "Interning at APS was a valuable opportunity and experience. Being able to learn and work closely with a mentor was one of the key highlights of the APS internship program."
Information Technology Major - "APS is an incredible company to work for! They treat their interns with respect, offer many opportunities for growth and networking, and challenge us with projects that are both meaningful and beneficial to the company."
Management Major - "My internship has allowed me to grow personally and professionally, and it's made me excited about my career. I'm proud to tell people I work for APS."
MBA, Marketing - "My internship experience at APS was rewarding not only because of the projects I worked on, but because of the people I worked with. My mentor and co-workers taught me a lot and contributed to my professional growth."
Electrical Engineering with Power Concentration Major - "APS has a sense of family. The connections I made here are priceless."
Looking for something full-time?
We also recruit for the following full-time rotational programs each year:
- Transmission & Distribution Rotational Engineer (RE) Program
- Electrical and Civil Engineering majors
- New Engineers in Operations (NEO) Program
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Accounting & Finance Rotational Program
- Accounting or Finance Majors