When you sign up for AutoPay, we automatically deduct the amount due from the payment method that works best for you. Choose from the following payment options:
- Checking and savings account: There is no fee for payments from checking or savings.
- Credit or debit card, PayPal, Venmo or Amazon Pay: A convenience fee of $2.65 per transaction applies. (The fee is charged by our third-party payment processing vendors. APS receives no portion of this fee.)
If you’re registered on aps.com, you’ll be able to find your current and previous bills on your online account to securely view or print them. Registered aps.com users will also receive an email each month with the amount and the date in advance so there are no surprises. You can update your payment information or notification preferences online anytime.
If needed, you can use our “pause” feature to stop the AutoPay withdrawal up to 1 business day before the due date by logging in to your aps.com account, but then you must make your payment by the due date using another method. Your AutoPay will automatically start again for your next bill.
If you need assistance, you can also give us a call at (602) 371-7171 (800-253-9405). We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more details, please review the AutoPay Terms & Conditions. When using credit/debit card, PayPal, Venmo or Amazon Pay a convenience fee of $2.65 per transaction applies. (The fee is charged by our third-party payment processing vendors. APS receives no portion of this fee.).
Frequently asked questions
1. Log in to your APS account. If you do not have an account, it's easy to register on aps.com.
2. Click 'Account' in the navigation and select 'My alerts and preferences'.
3. AutoPay information will be displayed under the 'Billing and payment' tab.
4. Select 'Update bank information' and enter the necessary fields.
5. Check the AutoPay Terms & Conditions checkbox and select 'Agree and continue' when you're finished.