Steps to apply via mail
Here are a few helpful things you should keep in mind to make your application process go smoother and easier.
1. Print your application. When printing your application from aps.com, please make sure that your printer does not cut off any information at the top or bottom of the page.
2. Complete and sign your application; Remember, anyone whose name is listed on the APS bill needs to sign the application.
3. Gather your income documents. Below are examples of the accepted sources for income verification to enroll in our Energy Support program.
If you receive public assistance benefits, you only need to provide one of the following:
• A copy of your EBT card
• A copy of your award letter from either the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
If you do not receive public assistance benefits, you will need to provide one of the income documents listed below, that show at least one month’s income for all adult household members.
• One consecutive month's worth of your most recent pay stubs
• W-2’s for the past year
• Most recent year’s Federal Tax Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
• Most recent year’s federal and state income tax returns (if self-employed)
• Supplemental Security Income
• Social Security Disability Income
• Official child support or alimony award letters
• Veterans benefits
Please only submit copies of your income documents as they will not be returned. All documents submitted are confidential and will be securely handled and destroyed after processing is complete.
4. Mail application and income documents to:
APS Energy Support Program
Dept. Code: CNDT 1
2900 S. Diablo Way, Ste. 161
Tempe, AZ 85282
Please note the following:
• Applications submitted without proof of income and/or signatures will be considered “incomplete” and processing will be delayed or cancelled. You will be notified if we receive your application and it is incomplete.
• Please allow approximately 30-45 days for application processing if you apply via mail. If you would like your application to be processed faster, we recommend you apply online. You will receive notification when your application is approved and your account has been enrolled.
• To maintain your eligibility, you must reapply for the program each year. Your annual re-certification application will automatically be mailed to you in advance of the program’s anniversary date on your account.