Customers don't need to compromise staying cool and comfortable to manage their electric bills; there are many ways to save.
• Close curtains and blinds during the day.
• Service your air conditioner annually to ensure it operates efficiently.
• Turn your thermostat up a few degrees. For every one degree you raise your thermostat, you can save 2-3 percent on energy cooling costs. (When on vacation, turn it up a few more.)
• Use fans to feel up to 5 degrees cooler. Set your ceiling fans to run counter-clockwise to help cool rooms, but remember to turn them off when leaving the room.
• Switch from incandescent light bulbs to LED lighting. Not only will you save money, but LED lights produce much less heat.
• Consider adding shade screens to your windows.
• Add shade trees to the perimeter of your home – especially on the west side – to help block the sun’s heat.
• Limit use of your oven; try using the microwave instead.
• Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances.
• Change your air filters monthly to improve the performance and efficiency of your air conditioner.
• Use the APS mobile app and aps.com
to monitor and manage energy use and to get more energy-saving tips customized to your service plan.
serves about 2.7 million people in 11 of Arizona’s 15 counties, and is the Southwest’s foremost producer of clean, safe and reliable electricity. Using a balanced energy mix that is 50 percent carbon-free, APS has one of the country’s cleanest energy portfolios, including both Palo Verde Generating Station and renewable energy. The company is also a proven leader in introducing technology and services that offer customers choice and control over their energy consumption. With headquarters in Phoenix, APS is the principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp
. (NYSE: PNW).