Brandt said APS supports a clean-energy strategy that:
• Continues Arizona's solar leadership;
• Invests in battery storage and other advanced, clean technologies;
• Encourages electric vehicles as a way to reduce emissions;
• Partners with customers to achieve their clean-energy goals; and
• Recognizes the critical importance of Palo Verde Generating Station.
“As the nation’s largest producer of reliable emission-free energy, Palo Verde is the anchor of Arizona's clean-energy future,” said Brandt. “Any serious plan to reduce carbon emissions has to include nuclear energy and Palo Verde.”
“Our energy mix is already 50 percent clean, and the addition of battery storage technology on our existing solar facilities together with other initiatives, like increased infrastructure investment to support electric vehicles, will continue to advance our clean-energy vision,” said Brandt. “We’ll keep working in partnership with customers and policy makers to sustainably support Arizona’s growth.”
serves about 2.7 million people in 11 of Arizona’s 15 counties, and is the Southwest’s foremost producer of clean, safe and reliable electricity. With headquarters in Phoenix, APS is the principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp
. (NYSE: PNW).