Every summer, June 1 through September 30, there will be up to 20 Cool Rewards conservation events. Here are some other things to know about how an event will work:
- Prior to a conservation event, we will notify you to let you know an event is occurring later in the day. You may also be notified by your thermostat manufacturer just prior to an event.
- Your smart thermostat manufacturer may lower your thermostat(s) temperature a few degrees to pre-cool your home to keep you comfortable during the conservation event or you may pre-cool your home yourself. Check with your manufacturer (see chart below) to see if they will pre-cool your home.
- During a conservation event, your thermostat manufacturer will raise your thermostat(s) temperature a few degrees above your set temperature for 2-3 hours. Remember, you can always adjust your thermostat(s) at any time during an event.
- After a conservation event, your thermostat(s) will return to your original setting or schedule.
What You Get for Participating in Cool Rewards
$50 One-Time Enrollment Credit:
- If you purchased your smart thermostat from the APS Marketplace, you received your one-time enrollment $50 credit at the time of purchase.
- Customers who purchase smart thermostats from retailers or manufacturers and enroll their smart thermostat(s) will receive their $50 enrollment bill credit per smart thermostat within one to two billing cycles.
$35 Annual Participation Credit:
- If you purchased your smart thermostat from the APS Marketplace, you received your $35 annual participation credit at the time of purchase.
- Customers who purchase smart thermostats from retailers or manufacturers and enroll their thermostat(s) during event season (June 1 - September 30) will receive their first $35 participation bill credit per smart thermostat within one to two billing cycles. Or, if customers enroll their smart thermostat(s) outside the event season (October 1 – May 30) they will receive their first participation bill credit during the next conservation event season.
- After the first season, you will receive the $35 participation bill credit annually, as long as you are enrolled in the program, and it is available.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs. Or watch our helpful videos that answer commonly asked questions.
Cool Rewards Promise
Thank you for participating in our Cool Rewards program. Working together helps ensure a reliable, affordable and clean energy future. As your partner, we promise:
- Conservation events are held during times of high energy use and you will be notified in advance.
- Conservation events are designed to help preserve your comfort.
- You are always in control of your thermostat and can adjust it at any time.