To provide opportunities for suppliers to engage, APS hosted two breakout sessions. One covered the future of our operations and the other discussed our Clean Energy Commitment.
Supplier Excellence Awards
Award winners were nominated by APS business units for outstanding contributions in five key focus areas: performance, safety, customer service, environmental stewardship and value-add relationship. After a series of committee and executive reviews, the following suppliers were selected as 2021 Supplier Excellence Award winners:
- Safety LLC (Safety) for their reliable performance delivering CPR and first aid classes to plant personnel and for their ability to deliver equipment and supplies in urgent times of need.
- The Okonite Company (Value-Add Relationship) for their support with a surge in demand for 1100 cable above forecasted need by operating their plant 24/7 and requiring employees to support the demand, all while dealing with COVID-19 challenges.
- EMS Solutions (Customer Service) for designing, manufacturing, programming, testing and helping to install and implement the Canister processing and cooling systems for a new system at Palo Verde.
- Schneider Electric (Customer Service) for their adaptability in promptly supporting APS pandemic guidelines during the ADMS 3.8 Upgrade Project, even supporting the project outside normal working hours (and in another country).
- Otis Elevator (Performance) for providing dependable, solid level of performance supporting the servicing and maintenance of 21 elevators at Palo Verde for more than 20 years.
- Burns & McDonnell (Environmental Sustainability) for their benchmarking project evaluating current practices to identify opportunities to make sustainability improvements.
The committee also recognized an unlikely partnership. Arizona Distilling was awarded the community award for its production of hand sanitizer during the COVID-19 pandemic.