From a pool of more than 4,500 businesses, APS recognizes the following six companies:
• Diamond Communication (Customer Service) – for its swift and seamless execution to help notify more than 1 million customers of the transition to new APS service plans.
• GridX, Inc. (Performance) – for exceeding contract requirements and expertly delivering on all of APS’s needs during the recent rate transition, which led to savings for both customers and the company. GridX, Inc. is a minority-owned business.
• G.D. Barri & Associates, Inc. (Performance) – for its commitment to providing proactive, cost-effective technical and professional staffing services at APS’s Palo Verde Generating Station. G.D. Barri & Associates, Inc. is a woman-owned business.
• KBC (A Yokogawa Company) (Value-Add Relationship) – for demonstrating above-and-beyond information technology support that included shaping and implementing an effective model for APS to evaluate new technology solutions.
• S&C Electric Company (Environmental Sustainability) - for being a leader in environmentally sustainable practices across its business operations, which helps APS procure more environmentally friendly products.
• West States Energy (Safety) – for its impeccable safety record while working with APS on the construction of emissions control equipment that made the Four Corners Power Plant a cleaner generation source.
serves about 2.7 million people in 11 of Arizona’s 15 counties, and is the Southwest’s foremost producer of clean, safe and reliable electricity. Using a balanced energy mix that is nearly 50 percent carbon-free, APS has one of the country’s most substantial renewable energy portfolios, and owns and operates the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, the country’s top power producer and largest producer of carbon-free energy. The company is also a proven leader in introducing technology and services that offer customers choice and control over their energy consumption. With headquarters in Phoenix, APS is the principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp
. (NYSE: PNW).