This California Privacy Notice applies to Personal Information, as defined below, that is processed by APS in the course of our business, including via the website (“Website”), mobile apps, or other online properties, all collectively hereafter referred to as the “Sites,” through social media accounts, or offline, such as when you receive our services at your property.
This California Privacy Notice is not intended to apply to Personal Information we collect about our employees, applicants for employment, or contractors in the employment context.
As used in this California Privacy Notice only, “Personal Information” refers to “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the past 12 months, the categories of Personal Information we collected are:
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, user name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Demographic information, such as your biological sex, age, and date of birth, some of which may be protected characteristics under federal or state laws;
- Payment information you provided through our website including billing address, credit or debit card information, bank account and routing numbers, as well as similar information;
- Commercial information, such as information about the transactions you conduct with us and information about the property at which you receive our services;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, or information regarding your interaction with our Website;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as your visual image, likeness, or voice recording (e.g., via photographs and/or video) or audio recordings of customer service or sales calls;
- Inferences drawn from your Personal Information, such as a profile of your preferences.
- Sensitive personal information including your Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other government identification numbers and similar identifiers.
For more information about the Personal Information we collect, please see the Privacy-Policy.
We collected this Personal Information:
- From you directly;
- From members of your household;
- Automatically when you visit Sites, including from the devices that you use;
- In the course of providing services to your property;
- From consumer reporting agencies; and
- From our service providers.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
APS may use the Personal Information we collect for a number of business or commercial purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products or services that you request or fulfill our contract with you, including processing your payments and maintaining or servicing your account;
- Operate, maintain, and improve the efficiency, effectiveness, security, or integrity of the Sites or our products and services, including debugging to identify and repair errors;
- Undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our products and services;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Notify you about updates to our Sites or the products or services that you obtain from us;
- Respond to your inquiries or otherwise provide customer service;
- Contact you for informational or marketing purposes;
- Prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- Comply with applicable laws and APS’s corporate reporting obligations; or
- Conduct other internal business purposes.
We may use sensitive Personal Information for the following purposes:
- In the course of providing services that you request, including to evaluate your eligibility to open an account or to verify your identity;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents;
- To prevent malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal actions and prosecute those responsible for those actions;
- To ensure the physical safety of individuals;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services;
- For other legitimate business purposes that do not involve inferring characteristics about individuals.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties belonging to the categories and for the purposes described below:
- To a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us;
- With other companies that perform certain business-related services on behalf of APS (“Vendors”) including, for example, communicating with you or payment collection;
- With Vendors or regulatory agencies to support auditing, compliance, reporting, and corporate governance functions;
- To comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes;
- With law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in response to requests as allowed by or to comply with any and all applicable laws and regulations;
- With other parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or business, or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation; or
- With third parties when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of your information.