Partnership with Phoenix Suns Charities
In partnership with Phoenix Suns Charities, STEM Teacher Grants help bring learning to life with awards of up to $2,500 for K-12, public and charter school teachers who lead innovative, hands-on activities that introduce STEM concepts to the classroom. A total of $50,000 is available each year. For classroom projects from January through May.
How we evaluate applications
This program offers grants of up to $2,500 to K-12 educators who teach in public and charter schools located in the APS service territory. Approved grants will be provided to the school or school district for distribution to the teacher recipient who will use the grant money in accordance with the approved budget. Project funds must be spent on designated budget items within the school year in which they are approved.
- An innovative approach to learning within the STEM subject areas
- Measurable, realistic goals to improve student achievement obtainable within the grant period
- An interdisciplinary approach that invites increased knowledge and application of STEM-related subjects
- Clearly defined and valid objectives and outcomes
- Well-defined activities specifically related to the project goals
- An itemized, reasonable budget that relates back to the project
- A realistic evaluation demonstrating quantifiable results
- All publicity pertaining to the STEM Teacher Grants must include acknowledgement of support by APS and Phoenix Suns Charities
Usage of funds
- Funds may be used to purchase equipment, classroom supplies and/or other items that would otherwise not be supported by the school or school district and are a part of the project activities.
- Please note, STEM Teacher Grants will not fund the following:
- School and/or school district responsibilities (i.e., salaries, stipends, textbooks, etc.)
- Food and/or refreshments
- Capital campaigns
- Equipment such as office machines, computers, tablets, phones, cameras, etc.
- Individual competitive teams (i.e., robotics)