Every summer, June 1 through September 30, there will be up to 20 Cool Rewards events. Here are some other things to know about how an event will work:
- Prior to an event, we will notify you to let you know an event is occurring later in the day. You may also be notified by your thermostat manufacturer just prior to an event.
- Your smart thermostat manufacturer may lower your thermostat(s) temperature a few degrees to pre-cool your home to keep you comfortable during the event or you may pre-cool your home yourself. Check with your manufacturer (see chart below) to see if they will pre-cool your home.
- During an event, your thermostat manufacturer will raise your thermostat(s) temperature a few degrees above your set temperature for 2-3 hours. Remember, you can always raise your thermostat(s) at any time during an event.
- After an event, your thermostat(s) will return to your original setting or schedule.
What you get for participating in Cool Rewards
$50 One-Time Enrollment Credit:
- If you purchased your smart thermostat from the APS Marketplace, you received your one-time enrollment $50 credit at the time of purchase.
- Customers who purchase smart thermostats from retailers or manufacturers and enroll their smart thermostat(s) will receive their $50 enrollment bill credit within one to two billing cycles.
$35 Annual Participation Credit:
- If you purchased your smart thermostat from the APS Marketplace, you received your $35 annual participation credit at the time of purchase.
- Customers who purchase smart thermostats from retailers or manufacturers and enroll their thermostat(s) during event season (June 1 - September 30) will receive their first $35 participation bill credit within one to two billing cycles. Or, if customers enroll their smart thermostat(s) outside the event season (October 1 – May 30) they will receive their first participation bill credit during the next event season.
- After the first season, you will receive the $35 participation bill credit annually, as long as you are enrolled in the program, and it is available.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs. Or watch our helpful videos that answer commonly asked questions.