Let's get started with supplying the paperwork
With that, of course, also come the expectations of knowledge of the market, excellent customer service, competitive prices, adequate insurance and bonding capabilities, established safety programs and second-tier reporting of a supplier’s own supplier diversity. We ask a lot of our suppliers because the communities we serve ask a lot of us.
- Small Disadvantaged Business: At least 51% owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged person or group, or publicly owned with at least 51% of stock owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged person or group. Daily business management is controlled by one or more such individuals from qualified groups.
- Small Business: Independently owned and operated. Not dominant in the field in which it might bid on government contracts. Qualified as a small business under the criteria and size standards in 13 CFR 21 (500 or fewer employees).
- Women-owned Small Business: At least 51% owned by a woman or women who are U.S. citizens and who also control and operate the business.
- Veteran-owned and Service Disabled Veteran-owned: A veteran or a group of veterans must have at least 51% ownership and control of the business.
Any minority, woman, veteran, service-disabled veteran or HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Businesses) enterprises interested in working with us are encouraged to attend seminars and workshops to learn how to do business with large corporations, as well as become certified by one or more of the following agencies:
- Minority-owned Business Certification: National or Regional Minority Supplier Development Councils
- Women-owned Business Certification: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Small Business Certification: HubZone, Veterans and Disabled Veterans from local, state or federal government agencies
We’ll review your information and certifications and contact you if there’s a match between your products and services and our needs. We cannot guarantee we’ll award a contract. Most certifications require annual renewal. You’re responsible for informing us of any certification renewals or other changes in company status.
Apply for our Diverse Supplier Training Program
Applicants must be a certified or certifiable diverse business enterprise that is at least 51% owned and controlled by an individual whose business is defined as a Minority Business Enterprise, Women Business Enterprise, LGBTQ+-owned Small Business, Veteran-owned or Service Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business. Eligible participants must provide a product or service that a utility can reasonably be expected to use, and should be the majority business owner or significant decision maker.
To adapt to challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, the program is transitioning to a virtual format consisting of 10 two-hour meetings conducted via the Microsoft Teams video-conferencing platform.
Applications are due July 15, and the next program will begin in September. There is no fee for participation.
To learn more, email us at email@example.com or call 602-250-3396.