Nonprofits within APS service territories may apply once annually through an online application process. Organizations may request funding for multiple events by submitting an all-inclusive application itemizing each event. Requests may include cash and in-kind services such as printing, trash boxes and video production.
Applications may be submitted throughout the year and organizations are notified of funding decisions within 40 days of applying. Requests submitted less than 8 weeks prior to an event may be rejected due to insufficient time to review.
APS corporate giving does not fund:
- Start-up organizations defined as nonprofits whose ruling year has been granted by the IRS for less than three years
- Religious organizations, churches, and programs that are purely denominational in purpose
- Legislative or lobbying efforts or organizations
- Animal shelters or agencies
- Organizations not located, or providing services, within the APS service territory
- Foundations or organizations which are grant making entities that distribute funds to other nonprofit organization (pass through)
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law
- Sports teams or sporting programs
- Scouting troops
- Individual scholarships
- Organizations whose primary mission is funding medical or scientific research
- Endowment, debt reduction, capital or building campaigns not part of established relationships
- Competitions, beauty pageants or talent contests
applications & budget templates
APS is committed to reviewing all grant requests within 40
days of submission. If your request includes support for an event within two
weeks or you have any questions during this time, please contact us at
Note, notifications about your grant will come from
firstname.lastname@example.org, please ensure that this email address is added to
your safe sender list.
(sponsorships less than $1000 or inkind