Let's get started with supplying the paperwork
With that, of course, also come the expectations of knowledge of the market, excellent customer service, competitive prices, adequate insurance and bonding capabilities, established safety programs and second-tier reporting of a supplier’s own supplier diversity. We ask a lot of our suppliers because the communities we serve ask a lot of us.
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE): business that is at least 51% minority owned operated and controlled. A minority group member is a US Citizen who is Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American or a publicly owned business with at least 51% of stock owned by one or more of the minority group members. Certification by the National Minority Supplier Development Council and regional affiliates.
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE): business that is at least 51% owned by a woman or women who are U.S. citizens and who also control and operate the business. Certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) affiliate.
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE):business independently owned and operated not dominant in the field in which it might bid on government contracts, qualified as a small business under the criteria and size standards in 13 CFR 21 (500 or fewer employees); this certification includes Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBZone) certification from local, state or federal agencies.
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE): Veteran-owned business and Service-Disabled Veteran owned-business that is 51% owned, operated and controlled by United States citizens or lawful permanent residents that are US military veterans. The veteran-owned business must obtain certification by the National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC) or local veteran certification council.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Business Enterprise (LGBTBE): business that is at least 51% owned, operated, managed and controlled by an LGBT person or persons who are either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. The LGBT owned business must obtain certification by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
Apply for our Diverse Supplier Training Online Program
Applicants must be a small, local or diverse business enterprise that is at least 51% owned and controlled by an individual whose business is defined as a Minority Business Enterprise, Women Business Enterprise, LGBTQ+-owned Small Business, Veteran-owned or Service Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business. Eligible participants must provide a product or service that a utility can reasonably be expected to use and should be the majority business owner or significant decision maker.
There is no fee for participation.
To learn more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.